Date: Friday – June 16, 2017
12:00 – 1:30 p.m. CDT
Presenter: Carolyn St.Charles, RN, BSN, MBA, Regional Chief Clinical Officer, and Cheri Benander, RN, MSN, CHC, NHCE-C
Summary and Objectives
Many Critical Access Hospitals have a swing bed program. Navigating the regulatory requirements for swing bed including admission, care planning, continued stay and discharge criteria can be challenging.
The webinar will answer common questions such as:
- Which patients are eligible for swing bed care? What criteria do they need to meet?
- How long can a patient stay in a swing bed? Are there length of stay requirements?
- What are the admission documentation requirements?
- How do we develop a multi-disciplinary plan of care? How is it different from the acute care plan of care?
- What policies and procedures are required?
- How do I make my swing bed program financially viable?
We will also highlight elements specific to skilled restorative care including evidenced based research.