In honor of National Rural Health Day, HealthTech would like to take a few minutes to express our gratitude to the many employees and healthcare providers at our client hospitals. Rural hospitals not only provide access to quality healthcare for small communities, they are often one of the leading economic sources in the area. At HealthTech Management Services, we are dedicated to helping communities by promoting quality healthcare for rural and underserved areas. Thank you again for all your hard work in making a difference at your rural hospital. — Neil Todhunter, President, HealthTech Management Services.
Quick facts about rural healthcare:
- On average, costs per stay in rural hospitals were less than those in urban hospitals ($6,500 and $9,000 respectively). — AHRQ 2007
- 45% of all rural hospital stays are Medicare patients. –AHRQ 2007
- Rural hospitals have lower risk-adjusted rates of potential safety-related events. — Jolliffe 2003
- Rural hospitals have significantly lower adverse event rates than urban counterparts. — Whitener and McGranahan, 2003
- Rural hospitals have significantly lower rates of post-op hip fracture, hemorrhage, and hematoma. — Cromartie, 2002