Date: December 6, 2019
Time: 01:00pm CST
Presenter: Carolyn St.Charles, RN, BSN, MBA, Regional Chief Clinical Officer
Summary and Objectives:
Every hospital aspires to be “survey ready” and after a survey, to have a minimum number of findings to correct. Regardless of your accrediting organization, to accomplish this goal it’s important to step back and really think about the elements of a successful survey.
The webinar will focus on several key questions (and answers) including:
- What are the surveyors really looking for?
- What are the most frequently cited standards?
- How does an organization really stay survey ready?
- If we are accredited by DNV, since they survey every year, do we need to be concerned about the triennial survey?
- What are the new standards for CMS and Joint Commission for 2020?
At the conclusion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify at least three survey focus areas or frequently cited standards.
- Identify at least three survey readiness strategies.
- Identify at least one new standard for 2020.
Interesting Fact: Did you know that based on CMS data from January 1, 2019 thru June 2019, the most frequently cited standards for hospitals, not including environment of care findings, were related to Patient Rights and Restraints?