Swing bed – More questions please
Host: Carolyn St.Charles, RN, BSN, MBA, Regional Chief Clinical Officer
Date: August 3, 2018 at 12pm CST.
The HTS3 Swing Bed Webinar in June had record attendance. We focused on frequently asked questions – and we know there are more! Questions this time around will include, but not be limited to:
• Can we refuse (not accept) a patient?
• How do we help nurses in particular, but other staff as well, understand the difference between acute and swing?
• How do we develop a meaningful multi-disciplinary plan of care?
• How does nursing documentation differ from acute?
• How often does a physician have to see the patient?
• Can we keep a patient in swing if they aren’t improving?
• Does a dietitian have to assess the patient?
• Does a social worker have to assess the patient?
• Does a pharmacist have to assess the patient?
• And a few more!
Upon completion of the webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Identify answers to at least two common questions about Swing Bed.
2. Understand source(s) for finding answers to most common Swing Bed questions.