Presenters: Carolyn St.Charles, RN, BSN, MBA – Chief Regional Clinical Officer, HealthTechS3 and Cheri Benander MSN, RN, NHA, CHC, NHCE-C. Health Services Consultant
Date and Time: May 3, 2019 at 12 pm CT
The revisions to Swing Bed regulatory requirements in October of 2018 required the implementation of Trauma-Informed care.
- Realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery
- Responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices.
- Recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system
- Seeks to actively resist re-traumatization
The webinar will include a discussion of the types of trauma, the role of resilience and how to implement a holistic trauma-informed care program.
- Define Trauma-Informed care
- Define at least one strategy for implementing Trauma-Informed care
Interesting Fact: Did you know that the date to implement culturally competent and Trauma-Informed care for LTC facilities is November of 2019, but for Swing Beds the requirement was effective October of 2018.