Presenter: Carolyn St.Charles, RN, BSN, MBA – Chief Clinical Officer, HealthTechS3
Date & Time: February 12, 2021 at 12pm CT
Compliance with Swing Bed regulatory requirements continues to be a challenge for most organizations. The reasons are varied but often it has to do with staff difficulty in differentiating between an acute level of care and a skilled level of care. Other challenges may include the multi-disciplinary assessment, plan of care, and discharge requirements.
Because of these challenges and others, many rural hospitals want to grow their Swing Bed program but find it difficult to engage staff and providers or to find effective ways to market to other hospitals.
The webinar will focus on:
- Regulatory requirements
- Audit tool for assessing your Swing Bed program
- Barriers to growth
- Engaging the organization
Upon completion of the webinar, the participant will:
- Identify the sources of Swing Bed regulatory requirements and admission criteria
- Understand the elements and importance of a Swing Bed self-assessment
- Identify at least three (3) ways to grow the Swing Bed program.